Friday, February 03, 2006

The Milligram Story Part II

The stops came and went, the journey(my state of rest) embedded with moments of motion took me next to HAL / Airport, the next bus stop. Peeping outside, I see a small girl, in dirty rags carrying a baby and begging. And amidst the rush in the bus, I see a limping youngster trying to get into the bus. The people sitting in the front seat promptly got up and offered him the seat. He was carrying a file, loaded with documents (I guess), ......... one so typical of youngsters about to appear for an interview. He sported a familiar smile, flashing his teeth.........at once I remembered nalli dudes smile...........those were the days, I thought smiling within myself, the bus started moving again. Theres a long stretch of road after airport till we reach the next stop called Marathahalli, where the jamz are always minimal and the bus moves very fast normally. My memory(ram) got loaded with the graphics of nalli dudes room filled with bolero, jenny and pammy on the bed and nalli dude sitting on his pc, playing yeti sports.........the penguin throw, trying to beat my previous score..........ya know, this scene was so typical of amir khan looking out of his car window in dch and recollecting good memories with his friends.........okay okay, if i go on..........bolero will be the first one to say that i have started senti........ing in the midst of a nice blog. Marathahalli came, people got down in herds and as many got in again.............lo, it started again, I thought and heaved a sigh, a big one. I kept getting these words to my mind :: how did it all start, how did i end up going to a posh office in a remote area of bangalore, how did it all come here............images flashed before my eyes............of my getting through to ibm at college, and bolero, jenny and nalli all of them getting into tcs, nalli getting a couple of dresses as a present the same night, pammy into oracle and later one night when i was studying for m$, pammy telling me at around 11 pm that hes into m$.............why in the world did i end up here, away from my world, my family, my friends, iiit, etc., and then i recollected those dreadful nights of my first month at bangalore and at ibm, working all through the night and at the same time studying and preparing all the stuff that i hate the most and applying to everything possible and trying to increase my contacts, .............. i successfully worked my way through to saplabs and my life if not the best, started being better. Also, i let a 1kbmoment of spacetime of my memorycpu be spent on the time wasted for desperately trying to make it to G and m$..................to be continued.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home